Sunday, January 31, 2010

Inspired


That was my primary reaction to the week of staff orientation (called First Things) with Church Resource Ministries.  Having technically been hired 9 months earlier, I didn't have huge expectations for the loaded week of sessions, training and activities.  But I really appreciated the work, thought and prayer that went into bringing staff on board well.  Even though I had completed my initial support-raising, the concepts taught were solid reinforcements to my own experiences.  Above all, the ethos of CRM shone through 7 full days.  There was a clear priority and emphasis placed on THE first thing in life and ministry: our relationship to Jesus.  Incredible people shared their stories and feedback to sharpen one another.  Vulnerability was clearly valued, with open tears and personal testimonies.  I was impressed by the fact that nearly everyone I spoke with mentioned a major point of growth that they had encounted in the past year or two.  No one had all their stuff figured out and squared away, regardless of age and experience.

Of course, we also went through financial protocols, IRS compliance and checklists galore.  There's no way to make some of those things living, inspiring pieces.  That's okay.  Through it all was a conviction of being in the right place at the right time.  I'm glad for new friendships, new respect for CRM, and new checkpoints with which to hone the ways I pursue ministry and call.  Onward we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment