Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mixed Media

I know, I haven't posted art stuff for far too long!  (Implied confession: I haven't been adequately exercising that part of the brain and spirit.)  I was thinking about it (yeah, in which time I could have drawn SOMETHING!), and began to consider all the other, practical ways I find artistic expression.  For example:


     rearranging furniture in my room, hanging pictures, filling wallspace...
  modelling my ministry role...
       
          cutting my hair...  (all by myself for the first time today!!!  yay!)

   cooking pretty food...
                                  making home-made cards and envelopes to send...

So not all art goes in a box... or a frame.  I have to say that living with other artsily-inclined individuals definitely helps the creative juices.  I'll promise you - and myself - something more traditionally art-ful.... next week.

1 comment:

  1. Remember Isaac Rufus Clark and Katie G. Cannon? I'll always remember what she said about having a creative outlet for your work. It's so important.

    ReplyDelete