Monday, July 23, 2012

Back from Staff Conference

ChurchNEXT staff gathered in Estes Park, Colorado

Last week kept me busy (and away from the blog) as I joined nearly 100 other CRM staff members in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado.  With teams scattered around the world, our organization makes it a priority to get us in the same place every two years-- we have a worldwide conference for everyone in 4-year intervals, and in between, we meet in our respective collectives.  (Some of you remember that 2 years ago, I attended the worldwide conference in Malaysia, and I'm very much looking forward to the next one -2014- being in the Yucatan Peninsula!)

ChurchNext is the particular division where I have hung my hat with our Urban Mosaic team.  There aren't many young people in our tribe, and until last month, I was the only female team leader.  People often ask if I wouldn't fit better in one of the other areas-- perhaps with InnerChange's work among the poor, or Ethne's cross-cultural focus.  However, I believe I'm in exactly the right place.  My ChurchNext-mates are some of the most skilled, driven, excellent practitioners in the field of ministry among church leaders.  In all the imperfection of the Church, we have chosen to love and nurture and seek God's will alongside her.  I like the way our CRM president, Sam Metcalf, put it in his words to us at the conference: "We can't ignore what is for the sake of what needs to be."  While few of us would deny that the Church must face significant change in the coming years, we also have a commitment to walking through it with her.

Please join me in hoping and praying for the fresh wind of the Spirit in God's Church.  We spent our time together in Colorado remembering that the "normal" life Jesus called us into is a disciple-making life.  I'll plan to pen some reflective thoughts on that theme in the week to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment